Our main area of work concentrates of the domestic market. Within this market we can provide the following services.
- Building Warrant application drawings for extensions, attic conversions, internal alterations and new build houses. As part of this service we can also provide an SER Structural Design Certificate. The provision of an SER Design Certificate ensures that the Building Warrant application progresses through the Local Authorities checking system much quicker than it would if traditional calculations were submitted. For full details of the SER system please go to www.ser-ltd.com.
- Timber frame design. We regularly design and detail timber frame kits for extensions and new build houses. Iain Balfour is also a registered timber frame certifier with the NHBC.
- Structural Surveys. Whether you have a minor crack in a wall or you require a full structural survey on a property for a Planning Application, we can accommodate your needs.
- Site Investigation Reports. As part of any new build or extension development, an assessment must be made of the grounds conditions to establish the load carrying capacity of the soils. We can provide you with written reports which will satisfy the requirements of the Local Authority.
Out-with the domestic market we offer the following services.
- Portal frame design in either hold rolled or cold formed steel.
- Single or multi-storey steel frame building design, whether for residential, industrial or commercial use.
- Foundation design using either traditional concrete strip or pad foundations or more elaborate piled foundation solutions.
- Retaining wall design.
- Temporary works design
- Roads and drainage design (SUDS schemes designed and detailed)
- Environmental desk top reports (Phase 1) or full environmental reports based on chemical testing (Phase 2)